Wednesday, April 8, 2009

O CANADA!!

On April 2nd, Wezul and I headed to Canada to visit with friends who moved there last year. We went to Kingston, Ontario. We enjoyed the our time there.

There were three things that really impressed me about Canada:
  • Poutine
  • their commitment to be environmentally friendly
  • my allergies were almost non-existent
Did I mention poutine?!? French fries, brown gravy, and cheese curds...YUMMIE! Need I say more. Wezul and I thoroughly enjoyed this delightful treat.

The weather was cool. We received a little hint of snow on Saturday. On Saturday, I got to experience the Bulk Barn. It was fun. There was also this little quaint shop, The Glass House we visited. Sunday night, Wezul was shocked to find out that he was going to learn how to curl at the Royal Kingston Curling Club. It is a sport he has watched and always wanted to try. After planning the event for a few weeks, we were able to successfully surprise him. I won't go into too much details of his curling experiences. I am sure he is going to blog them on his blog. Earlier in the day, we drove around Kingston and Lake Ontario. We ended up at Fort Henry. We enjoyed roaming around the premises on a self-guided tour. It was a great trip, we were sad to see it end, but we were happy to come home to the familiar.

Our adventure did not end with us crossing the border back into the USA. More to come later...

No comments: