Tuesday, April 27, 2010

they are everywhere...they are HUGE...they are Elk


On our adventure to the Rocky Mountain National Park we saw countless elk.  They stood so close to the road.  I guess I would if I knew that a car could hit me and I would be the one left standing.  Unfortunately, I did not bring either of our cameras on this trip.  I was anticipating spending the majority of my time at the hotel...only making it back to Red Rocks.  I came very close to making a trip to a best buy and dropping a wad of cash on the new Canon SLR we have our eye on...then I remembered...we haven't saved the moolah for it.  Dang that D. R.  

Probably the most amazing thing a couple of us saw was two HUGE elk with massive racks standing on their hind legs having what I like to classify as a typical prissy girl fight...take a second...at that moment we saw they were near a a road and had the brilliant idea to go to find that road and get close.  

Don't worry, by the time we got there they had made up.  And we were just surrounded by the "smaller" elks.  

It baffles me to see an animal up close who is bigger than a freaking car....but it was AWESOME!!!!!!  

No comments: