Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Home sweet home!

What a whirlwind weekend, crazy crazy crazy...

At the last minute, I changed my mind about staying in TN.  I decided to take in the concert and then come home.  My better half and I have differences of opinion over why...bottom line for me...i didn't feel comfortable that I felt he felt uncomfortable that I would be spending my time in another state by myself while he was completely cut off from the world.  I know this is crazy, because I travel for work all the time, but for me, if I feel Wezul isn't 100% behind something I'm doing...I tend not to do it...It isn't his fault, but one has to do what one feels is right at the time.

Then, it didn't help Apple released their new Macbook Air that I desire so....

So, here goes my plan...go to the concert with concert buddy guy...or as long ago declared by Wezul...my WH...hahaha....spend the night in Winston-Salem...come home.

Detour #1...our drop off point is "ONLY an hour from Winston-Salem".  OK...OK...I'll still drop you guys off.  So Wezul, WH, and I head to Winston-Salem...for some partying...and "old geezer hotel camping out time".

Detour #2...after a great time at the concert...all three of us get up, eat breakfast, and put the coordinates into Garmin.

Detour #3...after triple checking the coordinates...the GPS takes us to the wrong location in the wrong direction.  Some how the coordinates "changed".

Detour #4...once we are heading back in the right direction...we discover that the drop off point is NOT an hour away...but more like 2.5 hours away....

Detour  #5...We finally arrive at the drop off point.  By this time, I realize there is no way I'm driving back to Clayton.  So, I revert back to my initial plan...stay in Johnson City, TN.  But only for 1 night...

Detour #6...After checking in...it becomes evident...I will be in TN for more than 1 night...let's try 3 nights.

I stayed at the same hotel that Wezul and I stopped at when we had that bad snow storm on our way to Iowa last year.  They were just as helpful and amazingly nice as the first visit.  So if you are in the area, this is definitely the best place to stay...Courtyard Johnson City.

Gotta love when life has it's own plan.

No comments: