Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dream Come True...Thanks Poppa P

THANK YOU!!!!!
He did it again!  I have always wanted a secretary desk.  In fact, Wezul and I have scoured the internet and local stores for one.  We could never find what we were looking.  For us, it is always difficult because we have to both love something before we will buy it.

However, we both love this desk.  It is suits both of our taste, plus, it's made by Poppa P...something that can be passed on and on through our family.  However, there became one point of contention regarding the desk.  Where should the handles go on the bottom doors?  I wanted the middle (to remain symmetric with the other handles) and Wezul wanted to place them near the top corners (to make it easier to open and much to my dismay).  Haha!!  After much discussion in Iowa, we decided to live with the piece and wait to decide later.  

I had one card up my sleeve.  My dear hubby was mistaken when he thought the knobs on our other cabinets were near the top.  However, I knew otherwise.  I knew I would NEVER buy a hutch like that.  However, I also know Wezul well enough to know he wouldn't believe me until he saw it for himself.  So after our long trek home, I walk into our house and I look...and I knew from that moment...I am standing my ground...I would rather live without knobs than to put them near the top.  

Our knobs on the doors WILL go in the middle...Wezul for his part has agreed...the middle of the doors win.  :)   I would like to think I won because he realized my suggestion looks better, but on very rare occasions, Wezul will let me have my way when I can prove there are other "idiots" in the world who think like me....haha!!!

I can't wait to finish stocking the desk.  :)

No comments: