Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Space Cadet Pfeifle Reporting for Duty

Yes, this is my telescope. Though many haven't seen it before, I have had it for MANY MANY years. Short version - it was missing some parts - some parts wouldn't fit - tech support not much help at the time - box containing said telescope was buried. This is actually a gift that Mom and Dad M got me because I was enthralled by three things growing up...sports (mainly ACC at the time), chemistry and astronomy. I had two chemistry sets and I turned NASA into my penpal. While in the Philippines, I routinely wrote NASA, and they would send me all this cool information about the planets, previous missions, the shuttle, a nerd's paradise of information.

Unfortunately, alot of it was destroyed when we moved back stateside during shipping. :(

Over the next few months, there will be alot more blogging on my beloved ACC (with Hurricanes and Panthers, too). But time to return to Geekville.

So, during a secret mission to hang Daddy M's poster, we retrieved said telescope...Wezul helped me tweak it to get it together and useable.

Alas, last night, this was tele's first night out....
It was so cool. We got a good look at the moon. You can see the craters pretty well with it. How exciting!! Now, if I can only figure out how to make myself less appetizing to the mosquitos, then we will be rock solid...ready for many a late night and early morning. Woo Hoo!!!

It may have taken awhile, but I have finally used it.

Time to get the geekfest on!!!

No comments: