Saturday, October 11, 2008

O. Henry

Wezul...to this day...still amazes me some days. As some may know, my birthday was this week.

This year, my dear dear husband has made it a birthday to remember.

Wezul took a page out of Chica's handbook, he stretched my birthday out a week. For the most part, it was simple. He let me pick out our dinners throughout the week, he forced me not to clean (though the house sooooo needs the attention - you can hear the pleas for the Scrubbing Bubbles), my gifts were thoughtful and "on time", his card fit me to a tee, and he arranged the majority of the activities by himself.

I had a wonderful birthday. Wezul arranged for my parents to come up the night of my birthday so I was able to celebrate with them. He also arranged dinner with Chica, Chico y Bambino Wise last night. We went to a favorite restaurant of ours so I was able to get my favorite dessert, Chocolate Chambord Truffle Torte.

By the end of last night, I could quite honestly say, this was the best birthday I have had since I have known Wezul. I could not complain. However, little did I know what else was in store. I knew we were going to do something, but I wasn't sure what it was. At 12pm today, I found out.

My dear husband said I had one hour to shower and pack an overnight bag. He wouldn't tell me where we were going. All I could do was follow him, and try to guess. I did try...but I didn't even come close.

By the time I realized where we were going, we were there. Wezul made reservations at the O. Henry in Greensboro. As you can see, there were quite a few treats awaiting us upon our arrival. My favorite, was the Hippo. AJB has a new friend. You can click on the link above to get a better sense of the hotel.

This is our first stay here. We have known of the hotel for some time. It is owned by the same people who operated a restaurant in Raleigh that we liked back in the day.
What did we do with our day in Greensboro...not much. We walked to the shopping center by the hotel, had dinner, ate the yummy chocolate truffles and cheese platter, watched the Carolina Hurricanes play the Tampa Bay Lightning (and win in overtime), and we Mac'ed while the game was on as you can see...I know...we are a little insane and addicted to anything with an apple on it. But they make it sooooo easy. I'll spare you the "We love Mac" speech for now.

To my sweet hubby, thank you for making this a special birthday celebration. I'll try to remember the kindness and generosity you showed me on your 40th birthday in 2010...hmmm...no not really...because...in the end...you only turn 40 once...and I am going to have a load of fun at your expense as will everyone else you know and love. Heehee!!!

No comments: