Saturday, May 1, 2010

Red Rocks

Red Rocks

Red Rocks is truly one of my favorite places on the earth I have visited.  However, as I learned this week, hiking it takes some skills.  Walking around it is cool, a few scary steps (no steep cliffs...just a gal whose balance at best is unstable), when you walk around it, you are basically going down the way we went...which means...you must go up, and "stay out - rattlesnakes!" signs.    

Wezul and I visited the amphitheater a few years ago.  I was lucky enough to get to go back there this time for a true hike.  It was amazing what you discover when you get off the asphalt with other scientific types who have the same mindset as yourself!    


My next goal is to get to attend a concert at the amphitheater.  However, when I go back to Denver next month, their concert series will not have started yet.  Something to look forward to for another time...


No comments: