Thursday, June 12, 2008

Best I Could Get

Typical...but hey...I think the birdies might be trying to keep the eggs warm. Though in this heat, it won't take much. Trying to get this pic for D. was interesting. I had to do the belly crawl...sneak up the side of the door and peer out the window...and shoot really fast. All the skills I learned in GRAW. Who would have thunk I could put them to use is real life?!? Just kidding.

For the out of towners not interested in our feathered friends...we are having an interesting time with a wildfire that was sparked in Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge on June 1st. It is located near the east coast in NC and the prevailing winds have brought the smoke all the way to Raleigh. Very interesting. The smoke is likely to be at its worst tomorrow morning, and if I know my hubby, he will probably try and get a pic or two. He already tried to prod me to take some today...but it is just "hazy" at our house.

All the family in Iowa...try to keep dry!

No comments: