Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall has arrived!

What a wonderful time of the year!!!

Football...hockey...the end of baseball...cooler weather...fair food...hmmmm...yum...did someone mention fair food!!

Fair food...the local county fair has a very special booth...the VFD that my dad is on. I grew up eating the food there...to this day...it has my favorite hamburger/hot dog chili. I like to think it is a special receipe...it taste like no can chili I have ever had...so...I will stay in denial and continue to believe it is the perfect homemade burger/hot dog chili.

I came to an very important conclusion this past Tuesday as Wezul and I took part at MM VFD Family night at the fair booth before the fair started. I realized the chief architect of the chili was a NCSU supporter. This might explain my love for NCSU at a young age. Growing up I was surrounded by UNC supporters...could the chili explain my insane support of NCSU?!?

Hmmmm...chili...yum!!!!

In a couple of weeks, Wezul and Paco will be making the rounds of the State Fair...can you say grown men walking around with turkey legs, various sausages surrounded by a little bread, ostrich, pork, and numerous foods on a stick. ARGH ARGH ARGH!!!

Football...besides the obvious thrill of us BEATING ECU on 9.20.2008, I am finally getting the opportunity to go to my first home game at Carter-Finley Stadium. :) As surprising as it sounds, YES, this will be my first home game.

Let's see why I didn't make to a game while I was at school:
  • Full-time student
  • Internships
  • Part-time work at local bookstore
  • Part-time work at a community college
  • another side gig with the ARC - these all were concurrent with each other
It will be Homecoming...we will play Boston College...and I can't wait. Come Sunday...I hope we will have good news...1) we won 2) fun pics from our tailgating adventures!!!!

GO PACK!!!

The Carolina Hurricanes will kick off their 2008-2009 season on 10.10.08. Woo hoo! We opted for NCSU football tickets this year, and we will only be going to a few select hockey games this year instead of our usual mini-pack plans.

As happy as I will be to see baseball go bye bye...I have to say Good Luck to my dad's and brother-in-law's beloved Cubbies this October......

No comments: