Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to All!

To our favorite Mommies, we love you both!

Wezul and I have had a busy weekend! Saturday began with us getting up and going to the Farmer's Market in Raleigh. It is alot cheaper for us to get our produce there than the local grocery stores. Wezul and I went around Raleigh taking pictures at various places. Our first stop was the WRAL Gardens.
This is my favorite picture of the bunch (not because I took it - I just really like it). We went to Jordan Lake and Lake Benson. :) Nothing really exciting to see there. Just the usual lake views. Though my lack of wonder might be related to the fact that I sample these lakes on a routine basis. However, Wezul was impressed with Lake Benson's location.

Our plants are doing well. The planter box is working out well for us...so far. I think we built it high enough to keep the voracious bunny rabbits from eating on the newbie plants.

The spinach, white radishes, and onions are quickly growing and will be ready to plant soon along with the flowers we will be planting near our trees.
Let's see, Wezul is working hard on his web design business. As most of you know, his hours at work have been drastically cut back. He has ALOT of free time on his hands. A good friend of his wanted some help with a website and the rebirth of his previous business has began.

As much as I would prefer something that will bring in a steadier paycheck, something we can use NOW, something that wouldn't have to be sunk back into the business side, if we work through this, maybe in a few years, he will have some choices that will be worth while for himself.

In the meantime, we are getting smarter in our purchases and stretching what is coming in and making it last us a lot longer. On the upside, Wezul has been bumped up to 32 hours for the next 2-3 weeks. No matter what happens, we don't have it as bad as most of his old CAT and current co-workers...he still has a job as do I...so...things are just peachy.

As we vowed almost 6 years ago..."for richer for poorer"...




3 comments:

Dana Bostic said...

Some of those CAT friends worry a lot about you guys. Remember my garage is always open if you need anything. Funny thing is that I will be cleaning pools on my next week of lay off.

Wezul + Environwx said...

Thanks Dude...same here! Times like these we all have to stick together!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi I like that picture you took cassy it is real pretty!