Saturday, June 6, 2009

Doughnuts, Millstock Music & Art Faire, and more...

This was a short week for moi! Wezul has not worked for the past two weeks at his "usual" job. He has been busy with the web design work; however, it isn't in the cha ching mode yet and it will probably not be in cha ching mode for AWHILE. I have a really long day ahead of me this week (more about that later); therefore, I decided to take Friday off to burn some credit time that I had maxed out on and spend the day with the Wez!!

What a day it was! Can you say National Doughnut Day?!? Yes, we took full advantage of it. All I have to say is Krispy Kreme. Unlike an unnamed other doughnut distributor, you were able to get a free doughnut without purchasing anything; however, the hot doughnut now sign was on. Yes, we did buy a dozen. It is impossible not to buy them when the hot doughnut sign is on. It is against the law of physics to escape the vortex that is a fresh, hot original glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut.

The weather the past few days has been quite lovely! It's been raining; however, the temperatures have been amazing for it being June. Today, I needed the pullover I left in the trunk of the car. Highly unusual for us down here. Wezul and I decided to check out the Millstock Music & Art Faire in Clayton today. Wezul found out that Dread34 was going to be playing. One of the guitar players in the band is married to a friend of Wezul. His friend has invited us time after time to see her husband play, and it finally worked out we could make one of his gigs. We are thoroughly happy that we did! We completely enjoyed their set. The only thing that could have made it better was if it was free...oh yeah...it was FREE!!!

Dread34 at Flipside
Millstock Music & Art Faire

Back to why I needed to burn some of my credit time. On Tuesday, I am traveling to Charlotte for the day. It is going to be a long day. I have to be at the office around 5:30am and won't get home until 9pm-ish. I have to go to the U.S. National Whitewater Center for Swift Water Rescue Training for work. Can you say "dreading this like getting my wisdom teeth pulled without pain killers"? I guess I wouldn't be worrying so much about what I am getting into if I didn't have to sign a waiver stating I would not sue if I get injured or die....hmmmmm...not quite the warm fuzzies I hoped for. However, with all the insane chicken yellow belly fear I have, it is something that is necessary for the job. Though I would prefer to have the normal training I went through when I first got there...jumping in a pool with my waders, jumping in a lake with my clothes on, sticking my hands & arms into a huge barrel of frigid ice and water to unlock a key...not quite sure I am ready for swift following water...laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

No comments: