Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor-less Day Weekend

Nothing like some time off of work to recharge the batteries. I need to take more time off because I am dreading returning to the day in and day out grind of work tomorrow.

Wezul and I took a unique approach to our little situation. Since he has guaranteed work through the end of the month (maybe he'll hold out until the end of the year), we decided to each take a day and decide what we will together. Wezul's day of choice was Saturday. It pretty much just entailed us going out to eat at Vivace. Wezul had the Veal Saltimbocca (OMG...I need to really pay attention to what he orders the next time...who does he think he is...a Rockefeller?!?), and I had the spaghetti. I know...very original of me. Hahaha!! We came home and watched P.S I Love You...We both enjoyed the movie for our own reasons. All I can say...be prepared to laugh and get a good sniffle or two or ten...

Sunday, we chilled after starting the day out with the breakfast buffet at the Golden Corral. Wezul worked in the garage and cleaned out our planter box. Hopefully, we will have a more successful crop next year...barring any menacing hail storms. We also helped some friends with their garage. However, we decided not to stay for their cookout. Last night we watched Journey to the Center of the Earth...the new one...and the Golden Compass...I enjoyed the first and could careless about the 2nd movie. Wezul got into the Golden Compass, but was completely upset over the ending.

This is a picture of our little stowaway in the garage. The little newbie got a little lost on his flight. He had a time getting out of the garage. Poor birdie. Wezul eventually got the little flapper out of the garage.
Today, was my day. So, we ended walking approximately 3 miles around the eastern half of Lake Johnson. I anticipated doing our usual loop but Wezul was a little "froggy" and we ended up walking around the half the lake or so. Afterwards, we went to the K&W Cafeteria for lunch. Tonight...it is reservations at Michael Dean's....hmmm...dessert...

Hope ya'll had fun.......

No comments: