Sunday, September 27, 2009

Yeah...Me...SHOES!!!

What a crazy week!  Last Friday, one of my project chiefs was sitting at my desk when I returned for lunch writing a note for me.  Naturally, I was assuming she wanted some changes made to a report I was customizing for our cooperators...Yes...she was...then she was like..."uh oh...you caught me..."  That is NEVER good to hear.  Then she said you can read my note as I finish writing it...and as I began to read her message - she is reciting it aloud..."you HAVE finished writing the abstract for the national conference in April???"...you guessed it...I started laughing...oh yeah...just finished it...hmmmm...NOOOOOOO!!!  Well, she did want me to submit one...and guess what...that was the 18th...and it was due by the 19th...which was a Saturday...small glitch...anything we submit has to be peer reviewed by two coworkers, approved by my direct supervisor, go through our publications unit, and then reviewed and approved by our head honcho...FUN?!?

I went into denial over the weekend...she emailed to see if we could get an extension, and she did...so, for the next three days...i was in a little space i like to call ABSTRACT $#@@.  We had until Wednesday to submit it...and I was able to get everything rushed through and submitted by 2pm on Wednesday (2.5 hours before our new deadline).  YEAH!!  Now, I have to wait until January to hear if my abstract has been accepted for presentation.  UGH!!!

The best part of the week was this Saturday.  About 2 weeks ago, a little entry appeared in iCal on all the calendars on our macs..."Cass's Pre B-day Dinner at the OG"  Awwwww...yup...Wezul took me to the OG last night...the best part...he took me shoe shopping!!!!  I actually got to buy a new pair of shoes...heehee!!  I used my allowance that I have been saving...but I actually got a new pair of shoes and OG...and then we came home and played Halo until 12:30 am...what a perfect day...Thank you sweetie!!!  Yes, they are Chuck Taylor's Converse All-Stars...my feet-ies love new shoes...


No comments: