Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another busy and fun filled day...yesterday!

Our first stop was the National Zoo!  We saw lions, tigers, and bears - oh my!  Not to mention the pandas and elephants...two of my personal favorites.  Boy did we do a lot of walking.  Luckily, we took the metro to the a stop that was "relatively" close to the zoo's entrance.

So far for me, the biggest downside has been the metro.  Some of the escalators are really steep and you cover a lot of height.  UGH!  Environwx not such a happy person on them.  Most days I don't mind escalators, there isn't a "I'm going to die feeling by falling"...these on the other hand...all I can say...I hope I don't have to ride it again.

After having an amazing lunch at Ella's Wood Fired Pizza we went back to the hotel to download the pictures from the zoo.  Once again, we rode the metro to our next stop which was the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.  Luckily for me, these escalators were not on steriods.  :)  We did a lot of walking around here too; however, we sat through two presentations.  One was in the Einstein Planetarium - "Black Holes", and the second one was in the IMAX called Hubble 3D.  That was pretty awesome.

Following the cool Hubble show, it was time for dinner at Nando's Peri-Peri.  It was a very tasty find on our walk back to the hotel.

As for today, we are going to do what we had planned to do yesterday, but couldn't.  All the information you will need is located in the "Our piggies are tired!" post.  Can you figure it out?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you going to the library of congress?
mom & dad p

Wezul + Environwx said...

Nope! Wezul was repelled from the steps. Ya'll have to think outside of the box!