Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pan de Sal

That is right! I found a bag of pan de sal. It is a filipino breakfast bread. I know this will surprise alot of people, but while we were in the Philippines, I was addicted to this bread. We all know I can't stand to eat bread...NOT!!! There was a little stand that we always visited and got fresh piping hot pan de sal. We would take it home hot & put butter on it. If we were really lucky, we could put fresh strawberry jam from Baguio City on them. However, the strawberry jam never seemed to last once it made it through the doors. We found this bag in Walgreens. Just like Starbucks and Ben and Jerry's, there seems to be a Walgreens on every other street. It is really insane. I got a little excited when I saw the bag...yes...we bought one. I warned Wezul not to judge it too harshly. I warned him it is at its best when it is fresh. As I expected, he wasn't too keen on it. He is like "it taste like bread". Maybe we can find a stand that makes it fresh. I am sure he will change his mind...maybe.

1 comment:

Jen Wise said...

HMMMMMMMMMm this could be a tasty prize for chica and peanut....peanut just told me how much he likes bread...llllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa